Sump Pump vs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben1986to

Reaction score
Hi, I am installing a new below grade level walkout entrance for a basement. The city says the sump pump has to be connected to the drain directly. Unfortunately, my sump pump is on the opposite side of the entrance and inside has already been finished. Is there another way? They said I cannot connect the drain to the weeping tile. Should I just install a new sump pump near the drain? Does creating a roof or awning over the stairs work? Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
verify with building department ! I re read your post and making more sence now Id say no way can you drain that area into the holy pipe so that it can then weep back out. 2 good Ideas saw cut floor, or install sump and pump nearby

Last edited:

Taylorjm

Reaction score
Interesting. Our building codes allow you to tap into the weeping tile around the house for walkout basements or below ground doors or egress window wells.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting. Our building codes allow you to tap into the weeping tile around the house for walkout basements or below ground doors or egress window wells.
not sure makes sence not to drain into the foundation though in a pipe that weeps. hopefully they quote a code

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks