Sump pump running every 10 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Jared Lamp

Reaction score
I'm up in western Massachusetts. I have a sump pump down in a 2 ft deep basin. Running a zoeller pump and it's running every 10 seconds. I've raised it up in cinder blocks to see if the person who put it in had it down to low. It's running way to much and I'm looking for ideas on what to do. I have a check valve on it and the water is running to the street in the main line. Keep in mind it hasn't rained in a week and it's still running just as much. The area is known for water but it shouldn't be like this. Ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
It may be that the float switch turns on and off too frequently. If that is the case, the switch may be adjusted. For a tether type switch, that could mean moving where the tether is clamped to give more length.

It is also possible that your check valve leaks. That would let some water fall back each time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks