Sump pump plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Brendan Poirier

Reaction score
Hi everyone

looking for some insight on how my sump pump is set up. I made a quick sketch to show how it is currently plumbed. The horizontal check valve you see in the photo is from the second sump pump which is at the rear of my house. It pumps to the front sump pump and its all tied together to pump directly outside.

Basically my question is if the way the front sump is pumping is okay or if it will cause issues with the pump since it pumps about 30 inches up. Then 6 inches down and then back up maybe about 4 feet or so outside the house.

20211203_143838.jpg

Thanks in advance

20211202_211038.jpg
20211202_211032.jpg
View attachment 79055

Last edited:

Brendan Poirier

Reaction score
Also I forgot to mention that when the pump goes off it drains really fast, about 10 inches within 10 seconds until the float turns the pump off

Reach4

Reaction score
There is no problem with up and then down.

Reach4

Reaction score
If this pumps outside in freezing weather, you don't want water to be settling where it will freeze. But low spots protected from freezing should not cause a problem.

Brendan Poirier

Reaction score
If this pumps outside in freezing weather, you don't want water to be settling where it will freeze. But low spots protected from freezing should not cause a problem.

great thanks alot i appreciate the replies. This pump is in my heated basement. Have a good one!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks