Sump Pump loud bang

Users who are viewing this thread

LizzieL

Reaction score
Have lived in our house for 2.5 years and recently the sump pump has started to make a really loud Reving up followed by a bang sound multiple times a day. Had a handyman over doing other work and he looked at it and found a piece of styrofoam in the check valve and after removing it he ran it a bunch of times and said was working fine. Well a day later the the same issue with sound is back. I was able to manually make it happen to record on video but usually it does it on it own, I assume when pumping water out. Here is a video I took https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzu7hrb3gd41o8u/sump pump.MOV?dl=0

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The audio in you video is not good, but more often that not one will get a bang from the check valve when the pump stops running. They make "silent" check valves because of this, and they work quite well. If you google silent check valve, I am sure you will find them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks