Sump Pump Gurgle

Users who are viewing this thread

SkiBumm

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to diagnose why my sump pump is gurgling after it is done pumping. I posted a 17sec video of it (
), the sound I'm talking about is at 12sec. I have tried moving the check valve onto the vertical pipe very close to the pump and that made the gurgle shorter in duration but it is still there. I have to believe this is a problem that is solvable but I can't figure out what is causing the sound and therefore how to eliminate it. Any help?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I would adjust the float switch to turn off the pump off a little higher, and to turn the pump on much higher -- just before your water-powered pump would start.

Presuming a common float switch, this would mean moving the tether attachment up maybe 3 inches and lengthening the tether by maybe 2 or so inches, I am guessing.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks