Sump Pump Float

Users who are viewing this thread

Ron Murdza

Reaction score
Went away this past week and came home to a flooded basement. My Sump pump float failed to activate and water backed up. This was the second time this happened in about a year. As soon I gave the pump a little tap with my foot the float freed and the pump kicked in. Since the pump was old I actually replaced the entire thing rather than just the float. The float is the ball type. My question is.... at what level should the pump kick in? Right now with the new pump in the hole my float is probably just shy of kicking the pump on but both my drain pipes that lead into the side of the sump hole are completely covered with water. I still have about 6 inches before the water reaches the top of my hole. So.... will water still continue to enter the sump with the drain holes completely covered now or will it back up in the french drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks