Sump pump drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillip H

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if I could run the 4" solid PVC pipe that is currently draining into a very small and shallow ditch through the concrete drain pipe that runs under my driveway so that it will drain into a larger ditch that has slope away from the pipe

The current drain pipe was in a shallow pit that had now flow and just filled up with water.

the current pipe is 4" solid PVC and it comes out 24" below ground level

the cement pipe that runs under the drive way is 26" below ground level at its lowest point.

Michigan's frost line is estimated at 42" below ground level and ground water temp is approx 50 degree's in Michigan.

I've owned the house for 7-years and never had problems. I am just doing landscaping at the ditch and tried increasing the size of the current ditch, but it is too close to the street and right on the property line so I can not grade the slope, that is why I am trying to flow the water to the other side of the drive way , where I have graded the slope away from the drive way.

( I'm hoping this very detailed sketch will attach to this message so you can see what I am talking about )
see below

thank you
Phill

EBwCO4Szq0LN0j9h2

Attachments

• SumpPumpDrainPipe.png
    SumpPumpDrainPipe.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks