Sump pump discharge length

Users who are viewing this thread

johngandersonjr

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently added a second sump pit and pump at my house. My house is basically a rectangle. one pit is on one end and one is on the other. I live in the city and by code I have to discharge my pump either on my lawn or in the catch basin at the corner of my lot, by the curb, underground. I have a 1/3 hp submersible pump. can I have the pipe going up about 7 feet, then traveling about 60 feet to the other side of the house, the go up about 8 inches, change direction then go about another 12 feet to get out of the house? The end result is that I want both pits to empty in the same "New" place. My old pit goes to the curb and that is now illegal.

The reason it has to go up 8 inches is cause of my furnace duct work.
I know it is long and I am new at this so please bear with me!

Attachments

• IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 465

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Is there a question in your OP or are you just sharing? How is it working for you? Is there an air gap somewhere outside or closed all the way to the new place? How much pipe outside the house?

johngandersonjr

Reaction score
I guess i did not ask a question. currently there is an issues that the water from the far pit does not come out at the street, so there must be something wrong. what i would like to do is, where the two lines connect is to go up to the rafters then go horizontally out the other side of the house. I do not have any lines outside as of now, except for the existing lind that goes through the cinder block wall to the curb

lockewell

Reaction score
If you are not getting any discharge from that particular pump, there may be something wrong with the pumpr or there could be a clogged line etc.. If the two lines are connected together, you may have the potential of one pump pumping back to the other pit and vise versa, unless you have installed check valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks