Sump help! Replacing Little Giant with Hydromatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

chrono111

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I read through quite a few posts regarding sump pumps to replace the one that came with our house which is 7 years old. It's a Little Giant 1/6 hp. I just got a Hyrdomatic and it looks really sturdy. Anyways it looks like the piping is smaller then what the Hyrdomatic sump connection takes. The Hydromatic looks like a 1.5 inch while my old one is either 1-1.25 inch. Can I just buy an adapter to make the connection or do I need to replace the entire pipe? Also I read that you should put a check valve somewhere on the pipe. Doesn't look like I have one. Is this necessary? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff

chrono111

Reaction score
They will have the bushing, in either plastic or galvanized. Also it is a good idea to install a check valve on the piping.

Where should I put the check valve? I'm guessing closer to the sump pump correct?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Where should I put the check valve? I'm guessing closer to the sump pump correct?

I normaly place it about a foot above the lid. But anywhere above the lid is fine.

Attachments

• sump_pump.gif
    sump_pump.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 3,545
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks