Sulfur Filter Peroxide flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Mstaples1

Reaction score
Can someone please help? I would like learn how to do the peroxide flush on my water softener sulfur filter myself.

Mstaples1

Reaction score
When my sulfur filter resin gets containment with iron and sulfur a water company comes out and does a peroxide flush. Once they complete this filter is good for about 6 months or so. I would like to learn to do this myself so I don't have to rely on them. I live in an area where sulfur is high in the deep well water.

Mstaples1

Reaction score
I only have a brine tank, a sulfur filter, and a softer filter. I use to have a aerator, but they said the sulfur filter works better which seems to be wrong.

CRB

Reaction score
M,

What exactly do they do? Maybe fill up the softener with a peroxide solution and then soak and rinse? Or do they rig up piping to circulate peroxide for a while through the filter? I'm pretty puzzled that your sulfur filter gets contaminated with iron since it also removes iron the same way that it removes sulfur. How do you know it is contaminated with iron?

Chris

Reach4

Reaction score
I only have a brine tank, a sulfur filter, and a softer filter. I use to have a aerator, but they said the sulfur filter works better which seems to be wrong.
You have a well. You have a well casing of some diameter. You have a pump that is somewhere. There is more.

Consider posting a photo or two. 200KB max, 800 pixels max.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Agreed, we need a lot more information. It would be best to post some water test results so we could accurately diagnose and make recommendations.

Mstaples1

Reaction score
M,

What exactly do they do? Maybe fill up the softener with a peroxide solution and then soak and rinse? Or do they rig up piping to circulate peroxide for a while through the filter? I'm pretty puzzled that your sulfur filter gets contaminated with iron since it also removes iron the same way that it removes sulfur. How do you know it is contaminated with iron?

Chris
Chris, the guy comes and puts peroxide into my sulfur filter through the air breather on top. I'm not there when they do it as I work 6 days a week (construction life). We get the rotten egg smell bad. They do the flush and it's gone for a few weeks. I will post pictures and water results soon

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks