suggestions for low producing wells

Users who are viewing this thread

warrens

Reaction score
Hi

I live at the top of a hill, there are 5 other houses and we all have water problems-i.e. there isn't much.

2 houses have used a solution of burying a tank outside which gets filled up and then the water is drawn from that, however they are just holiday homes so dont have the same demands on the water as we do

I have a different set up whereby I have 2 wells both producing pretty poorly-they then feed a 200 gallon reservoir inside the house, so i at least know when my wells are dry and adjust my water use with the reservoir.

this is not an ideal situation and i am thinking of 2 options to solve it,

I have been proposed to add in the external reservoir, however I am not convinced this solves the problem, if the well is not producing enough for my daily needs then eventually the reservoir will empty as well?

My "good" well is at approx 420 feet would drilling down another 400 feet not have a chance to solve the situation, i.e. hit a good vein, whilst simultaneously creating a reserve in the well of another 400gallons?

Another suggestion was to drill another well next to the good well, so that i may hit a good vein but if not the 2 wells will join giving the increased reserve as above but the 400 well may be cheaper to drill than the extra 400 feet in the existing one?

I would appreciate any suggestions

thanks warren

Reach4

Reaction score
You could add a cistern to collect rain from the rain gutters. With 1000 sq ft of roof profile and rain at 40 inches per year, that would be 24,935 gallons, if I did that correctly (and I may not have).

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
We have a lot of success with Hydrofracing.

For example, we zone fracked a 300' well in town last summer that was producing 1 quart a minute. Two weeks later I pump tested it at 6.3 gpm with a 96' drawdown. Another one we did this past summer recovered .3 gpm, after a 2400 gallon zone frack I pump tested it at 3.25 gpm. In December we did a 2400 gallon zone frack on a 800' well that made .25 gpm with a static level of 600'. We tested that one last week at 2.5 gpm with a 2' static level.

I wouldn't co-mingle water off my roof stored in a cistern with my potable water.......

warrens

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

I fracked the "poorer" well and to be honest it seemed to make it worse-luckily they gave me a no improvement no charge deal but I would be worried to try it on the other one if it became worse-also they arent offering the same deal now! (my poorer one gives me "maybe" 30 gallons a day and the good one gives me maybe 100-150 gallons per day)

My thought process is that the wells are hitting veins that run through to the side of the hill and they release the water there, so the fracking of the other well just cleared a vein that went in that direction which is why it is now worse

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the wells are not producing enough for your daily needs, it won’t matter if you have a larger storage tank or a deeper well for storage. You still don’t have enough water to do the job. Maybe the third well will add the additional volume of water you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks