Suggestion needed: how to fix exterior wall stucco discoloration

Users who are viewing this thread

fuji3

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently received an HOA Violation letter regarding the stucco discoloration issue on my house exterior wall-see attached pictures.
Not sure what's the best and most efficient way to fix this issue?
Touch Paint or re-paint the whole house exterior wall ?
-or-
Just use a power of a pressure washer to wash the wall?
If anyone have any of such experience in the past, highly appreciate your experience and advice.

Thank you in advanced!!!

Attachments

• stuccocolor5.jpg
    stuccocolor5.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 839
  • stuccocolor4.jpg
    stuccocolor4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 453
  • stuccocolor3.jpg
    stuccocolor3.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 367
  • stuccocolor2.jpg
    stuccocolor2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 456
  • stuccocolor1.jpg
    stuccocolor1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 398

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Try the pressure washer first. Algae & mold/moss may be removable. If that doesn't work, a mild bleach solution may take it out.

You would want to at least wash it prior to painting anyway. If you treat it with bleach give it a good rinse and let it dry before painting.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would consider a water, a long-handled brush, and detergent. I would be concerned that a pressure washer spraying close might do damage. I don't know how durable that paint on the stucco is. The pressure washer at a distance for rinsing would be good, but so might a hose and nozzle.

In this video, they show what they call "soft washing":

Pressure washing might be fine. I just don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

fuji3

Reaction score
thank you all to share and provide so much useful experience and suggestions. I would like to consider the approach to use pressure washer first-hopefully it will work.
BTW: is there any handyman that can be hired to do such kind of pressure wash or what is the market price for the cost or labor fee for doing this?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Market prices vary. So does the competence of the handy-person.

I'd personally be reluctant to drop a pressure washer or bleach in the hands of an unknown, but a low-pressure garden hose and detergent would be OK.

Reach4

Reaction score
  1. Ask the board who else got that letter. Join with some of them to bring in somebody who can wash stucco properly, and probably get a better rate.
  2. If looking for a provider suggestion, you would want to identify where.

fuji3

Reaction score
  1. Ask the board who else got that letter. Join with some of them to bring in somebody who can wash stucco properly, and probably get a better rate.
  2. If looking for a provider suggestion, you would want to identify where.
Thanks for your further comment. the property is at Nevada-Las Vegas. any idea how to find such contractor and what is the market price for doing such work? Thanks again in advanced!!

Paozima

Reaction score
I received a HOA violation letter regarding the stucco discoloration and trim fading , and My house is in Las Vegas, NV too. May I ask the handyman/contractor you hired to fix the issue? I really appreciate your help in advance!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks