Such a thing as an offset + popup drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Blint

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the trap on a powder-room drain installed in our house back in the 1950s. It is a 1-1/4 American Standard popup drain with overflow. Whoever did the original install did not put enough space between the sink drain pipe and the candy-cane pipe coming up out of the floor through the wooden base of the vanity. (The drain pipe in the basement below the powder-room floor is cast iron.) And so, when the new trap is threaded on, the threads are not perfectly aligned on the same axis but about 3/16" off, and the drain leaks. I don't know how they managed to force the original pipes together, but there is a crack on the side of the original trap at the bottom, like it has been stressed. I was thinking an offset drain would give me some additional places where the threads might align on the same axis but I haven't found an offset drain that also has the popup feature. Does such a drain exist, popup + offset + overflow?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Offset grid drain 90 degree threaded tailpiece threads into the bottom of the pop-up. ! 1/4 slip joint waste arm will turn downward to the trap. The trap needs to be a drum trap to meet code.

1661624276462.png
1661624812029.jpeg
1661625516298.png

1661624368031.png
1661624941975.png

Maybe I should stick with valve parts LOL.

Attachments

• 1661624489599.png
    1661624489599.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 75

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most offset drains are commercial not sure if you could find a manual drain that would be pressed down with your finger to operate, that would screw into the offset drain. Otherwise what your asking is kind of contradictory. A popup operates from the tail piece and your tail piece doesn't really exist with a90 right on the drain.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you take a picture and share it there might be a better way your not seeing, but we might.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks