Subzoning/branching within same thermostat

Users who are viewing this thread

Baldrick

Reporter
Reaction score
Sorry for creating another thread dealing with same problem, but I would like to try a different approach.

With originally designed 7 zones, the thermostat wiring was only made to 2 locations. Until now I thought it's useless, but I got a new idea.

Since the only piece in this puzzle was missing call for heat, why shouldn't I use these thermostat wires.

One of them leads to first floor, which would take care of slab.
Second goes to second floor, which would do the underfloor.

The question I have, with additional controls, is it possible to get subzoning/branching?

Ex, 2 injection pumps would do 2 temperatures for slab and underfloor. Then, using ex. mixing valves slab would be subzoned into 2 zones (1 would be set on thermostat) and underfloor would be subzoned into 5 zones (again, 1 set on thermostat).

How would You achieve multiple temperatures?
Is my old approach with mixing based on outdoor/supply ratio a real option here or it can be done differently?

Baldrick

Reporter
Reaction score
Here is my design so far (simplified view):
You can see both slab and underfloor low temp loops.
These 2 plus whole secondary slab will need some mixing.

hyd1vs0.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks