Submersible Pump Setup Help

Users who are viewing this thread

GetBakedCoatings

Reaction score
The pump is running, not tripping any overloads, so it is not a power problem, not a relay or a capacitor. The only thing that makes any sense is air in the pump. A 500 gallon tank is pretty small. I would raise the safety float switch a little as I still believe the water level is getting low enough to cause a whirlpool and let air in the pump.

Check the amps!!!
As I mentioned a few times, I have a low level float. It isnt sucking in air.

GetBakedCoatings

Reaction score
The pump is running, not tripping any overloads, so it is not a power problem, not a relay or a capacitor. The only thing that makes any sense is air in the pump. A 500 gallon tank is pretty small. I would raise the safety float switch a little as I still believe the water level is getting low enough to cause a whirlpool and let air in the pump.

Check the amps!!!
Went to bed last night with over 250 gallons and woke up to a full tank. I am certain it isn't a low water issue. What would the amps be on the pump specs shown in my original post? I'm betting its cause it and my well pump are on the same outlet.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Check the amps!! A 1HP draws 9 amps. My guess is it drops from 9 amps to about 4 almost instantly when the whirlpool happens. The RO tank probably filled up after the pump got air locked from the low level.

Bannerman

Reaction score
The whirlpool that Valveman mentioned, could cause air to enter the pump even though there is sufficient water remaining in the tank to prevent the low level switch from shutting off the pump.

Suggest if possible, access the tank to view the pump while it first start-up to determine if a whirlpool forms once the pump is supplying a substantial flow to home fixtures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks