Submersible pump direct supply vs storage tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Petermet

Reaction score
I have a 4" cased well - about 120 feet deep.

I want to use a submersible pump and here in Indonesia they seem to pump to a 1000 litre holding tank and then use a booster / circulation pump to supply the house.

I can get a Grundfos SQ pump but not a SQE here. Should I direct supply to the house with a 33 - 50 litre pressure tank of follow the standard install of supplying via a holding tank. Either way I will use a PM2 controller to maintain pressure at the tap.

Other makes are York, Shimizu and Franklin. Comments and suggestions would be welcomed.

Reach4

Reaction score
If your well does not run dry, I would not use a holding tank -- do direct supply from the SQ pump. Maybe 5sq05-140
5sq05-180

I would like a 140 to 200 litre pressure tank, but at least 100. 32 gallons is 145.475 liters. No holding tank.

I would use a flow inducer. Look that up, and if you don't find the info you would need, check back.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the well makes plenty of water you won't need the storage tank and booster. The SQ is good. The SQE is the variable speed version that is designed to separate you from a lot more of your money than normal. A 50L pressure tank is not large enough without something like a Cycle Stop Valve to control the pump. Those PM2 type controllers are also designed to shorten the life of pumps. Any type of controller a pump manufacture sells is designed to cause the pump to need replacement soon. They make their money selling replacement pumps and don't want anyone to use a Cycle Stop Valve because then you would never need another pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks