Submersible in Shallow Well?

Users who are viewing this thread

rScotty

Reaction score
I've got a well used for driving sprinklers around the property and would like more power and flow. The well is 4" PVC and only 10 feet deep but has perf pipe laterals running sideways into a saturated creekside gravel bed. So it has adequate supply for 10 to 15 gallon/minute range.
Right now I have a 110v jet type pump at the top, but have 220 available & would like to double the pressure and flow.

I'm just trying to get educated on power, pressure, and flow and how to balance the tradeoffs. Goal is to run several large sprinklers or turn them off and run a couple of hoses for fire protection. Either way, I want to throw as much water as far as I can.
Thanks all,
rScotty

Reach4

Reaction score
Should be easy enough. How many HP is the jet pump?

Throwing water as far as you can sounds pretty open ended.

Will the well water approach the pump primarily from above (top fed)?

rScotty

Reaction score
The jet pump is one HP, but now I'm thinking of replacing it with a submerged pump. Pulling up with suction and then propelling the water out seems less efficient than having a submerged pump pushing all the time.

Is that true? Would a submerged pump move more water? The specifications seem to show that submerged pumps flow more at higher pressures at the same amps. Is that true or am I missing something?
rScotty

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks