Stumped on circulator problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hi there,

My dad and I are trying to fix this circulator pump. A long time ago, my dad took apart the motor and cleaned out the armature for this pump. Well its been a while and it sorta works when it wants to. So my dad went to the orange box to get another pump but it just a cartridge pump (however you call it). Before we take this apart, we found out that the pump is smaller than the original pump. Do we have to extend the pipe so we can get this to connect or do we need new connectors? Thanks

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
Size matters... There might have been a reason you had a large pump.

You should be able to unscrew the one flange and extend the pipe using a coupler and a nipple and then re-use the flange.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

6 3/8" overall is probably the new standard. Your old pump was designed NOT to conform to the B&G standard length that most manufacturers conform to for compatibility reasons. Since B&G is the largest circulator company, or at least was at one time, it made sense to make their circulators interchangeable with them for sales purposes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks