Stump the EXPERTS..........

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Snowman, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Snowman

    Snowman New Member

    Mar 17, 2005
    Retired math teacher
    Well, I doubt that, however, I've got another question.
    When I started installing my new Dalton last week, I thought something was missing. I noticed the small "spout" at the side of the blue "valve" and I thought, "Oh no, they left the small tube and "clamp" to hold it onto what I think is called the overflow.

    Notice the two photos here........ Is something missing from the Dalton's parts?? If not, why is the small black tube included with the Fluidmaster and not with the Dalton??
    Thanks, Tom

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  2. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    My trip to Ixtapa Mexico, Canon A75​

    It's not missing.

    Not all toilets use the tube into the overflow.
    The Toto that use the ballcock valve don't have the tube,
    The ones with the Quietfill valve do have the tube.
    Caroma doesn't use the tube either and as I remember, Kohler had a Wellworth some years back that didn't use it either.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

Similar Threads: Stump EXPERTS
Forum Title Date
Toilet Forum discussions Stumped (with photos!) Apr 15, 2008
Toilet Forum discussions Toilet has me stumped May 4, 2007
Toilet Forum discussions replacing toilet advice needed from the experts May 20, 2011

Share This Page