Studor vent removal with connector

Users who are viewing this thread

pedge

Reaction score
I have a vent that was bound in by a concrete floor and can't possibly get to the roof. There was originally an AAV at the top of it but it is possible to get a pipe from there to a vent stack however the elevation of the connection to the vent stack would be lower. Both connections to the vents are in concrete so the elevations can not be changed. Is it possible to run the old AAV location to the vent stack in a downward grade? The water could flow in this pipe to the other drain in a positive slope but would not be possible to drain back to the Old AAV location. Is this acceptable?

Cjlambert

Red-Seal Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Reconnecting to an existing vent stack needs to be 6" higher than the flood level of the plumbing it serves.
I think, provided the vent will not be able to serve as a bypass drain (in the event of the drain pipe [that was formerly vented by the AAV] ever became clogged), the vent can connect to the vent stack below the fixture's flood level rim.

This just means the fixture's vent must go above flood level rim of the fixture it serves, before dropping down below it and connecting to the vent stack.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks