Stuck with how to frame this window out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chel_in_IL

Reaction score
I have a split level home (like a raised ranch) and had an extremely rotted window on the lower level that needed replacement. I am working on a remodel project and decided to replace the two double hungs with a smaller single slider from the local Restore. The sill was rotted so it was a complete gut job down to the concrete window foundation. It’s all buttoned up on the outside and I’m stuck with how to properly frame this in on the inside. The jamb would be pretty deep and there is a gap between the window frame and where the wallboard would be.

The plank under the window is just sitting there as I was trying to visualize how to do this.

(The lower level (half underground) was framed out with 1x1’s since new in the early ‘70s which is how I’m keeping it... too much work to change everything. Never had a moisture problem.)

Ideas?

Thanks,
Michelle

Attachments

• 9F6788FF-1FD2-4B8D-B785-B5535B295DE2.jpeg
    9F6788FF-1FD2-4B8D-B785-B5535B295DE2.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 203
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks