stuck tub stem seat- what size screw extractor to buy

Users who are viewing this thread

carolitis

Reaction score
Tub is 3 handle American Standard (colony I was told) stem size 9C-23H/C (now made by danco). Had terrible time getting stem out but finally suceeded . May have been original. Had right seat removal tool but does not work because seat hole is now almost round. I can barely see any hex shape left at all. So it will not work. Changed the stem washer and put stem in and it no longer leaks but would rather fix now than when a renter is there and from the looks of the seat it won't last long
Was advised that a fat screw extractor carefully used is the best way to remove the seat. Can someone tell me the proper size Fat screw extractor for seats for this type seat size and brand? Will that diverter use the same size seat? If not, can you recommend the proper fat screw extractor size for that too? Not cheap just told they are pricey. Any tips appreciated too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks