Stubborn kitchen pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

prrosa

Reaction score
Just finishing a remodel in my sons kitchen. I neglected to remove a drain pipe that protruded from the wall. It is 10 inches long and threaded into a 90 degree fitting where it comes out of the wall. It is galvanized and has been in place for 57 years. Not a ton of room under the sink cabinet to work, but can get a 14" pipe wrench on it. It will not budge even allowing the younger guys to take a shot at it. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or tricks?????

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might try PB Blaster. It is an excellent penetrating oil for corroded threads. Spray it on, let it set, maybe give it a second shot. Give it a chance to work. Note: WD40 is not a penetrating oil as may folks tend to believe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The 14" wrench and a big hammer. A "right angle wrench", a long 1/2" drive extension using a breaker bar and "cheater". Remove the sink so you can use a "real" wrench.

prrosa

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, ended up cutting it off leaving 2 inches then a furnco and all is well, thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks