Streamline shower base help

Users who are viewing this thread

Ghynes440

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm currently renovating my basement myself, and I'm at the bathroom part, I bought a dreamlike shower base and I was seeing if anyone had suggestions. I had plumbing put in the ground into a basin and ejector pump.

The problem now is the shower drain, I have to notch out the cement in order for the pan to sit flush, I currently have an oatey drain. Is there another drain available that I don't have to chisel so much out? Is it possible to lay 2x4's flat underneath to lift it up a bit, not sure how I would finish the bottom part then.

I'm just trying to dry fit everything for now then I'll be doing a mortar bed.

It's not letting me post pictures on here as the files are too big

ghynes-01.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the concrete patch isn't that old, it shouldn't be that hard to crack out some. It gets harder by the day. But, a carbide tipped drill bit and a few holes around the area and a little leverage, and it will likely be easier than you think. If you ever do this or have it done again, it's a good idea to put a sleeve around the riser that can be removed after the cement cures enough so you have good access to the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks