Stray Cats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Weedwacker found a new home down my road with a little boy who just adored him. He is so loved and so spoiled, I wish I were him. :D My little friend, Jason, took pictures into school once of him, then told the story about how he got his name. His dad had to take him in for show & tell. Well, he stayed in school for one week with the class. He had a great time I was told, lol. Weedwacker is doing fine, he is fat & robust; and not in anyone's garden anymore. He is eating much better than you or I. Thanks for asking Gary. By the way, I just realized you mentioned about teaching him to attack, lol, well...I got myself a pit bull for that. :) She is alittle protective but, that goes with the territory.

Last edited:

Peevee

Reaction score
Here in Tennessee stray cats were a nuisance, till all these chinese and mexican restaurants started popping up on every corner. We hardly see a stray cat now. It makes me wonder where did they go. :D

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dropped off a guy who works for me on occasion. He lives in a trailer, and had a pitbull. He let the dog out. A stray juvenile cat had been hanging around. The guy sent his son to shoo the cat out of the yard. The cat kept squeezing in between the slats of the picket fence. The pitbull got the cat and ripped it's belly open. The hideously injured cat tried to crawl under the trailer to die. We took a piece of pipe and dropped a rope thru it and pulled the cat out. It was mewling pieously, my buddy was too squeemish, so I had to bash the cat in the head with a short piece of 1" black pipe to put it out of it's misery. That sucked, but I figured it was better to kill the cat quickly than let it suffer. Cats are pretty tough, it took two head shots to kill it.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can't handle euthanizing puppies or kittens... but I have an exceptional record for removing armadillos from the neighborhood with only a 2 x 4 and a helluva good swing.

Cookie

Reaction score
This is really funny...

...and, I could not resist, lol. My cat and I watched it together, he wants now to be an actor.

Last edited by a moderator:

petergunn

Reaction score
Keeping stray cats away

http://www.spcaonline.com/catsinyard.PDF

From experience (of a friend) I can vouch for cats hating the smell of citrus fruit - drop some rind scapings from lemons and the like around the area you want them to leave and they wont go near it for weeks.

If you really want rid of them (and have few scuples) then paracetamol (as found in regular headache medicine) is incredibly toxic to cats - but its not a nice way to go.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I hear that elephant dung will keep dogs away...... my 2 cents....

fatearthworm

Reaction score
Mike50 said:
I don't know if you heard about Lewis the crazy Cat who was actually placed under house arrest by a judge in Conn. Funny. Poor Lewis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_(cat)

Federal judges are crying about their low pay (only $150,000 annually).IMO, too many are in this profession for the money only, and are unfit.
This is just another example....

The wild cats - no problem - trap and kill them - political correctness and animal rights be damned !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks