Strange Jet Pump Behavior - Quick Loss of Prime

Users who are viewing this thread

Damon

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Little Giant JPC-075-C 3/4 HP Jet Pump and a deep (I think I remember ~300 ft) well.

Yesterday we lost power for about 10 minutes, and immediately upon losing power (within a few moments), nothing would come out of the spigots.

Which is strange, as usually the system will stay pressurized for quite some time with minimal usage.

When the power came back on, we charged the system via a neighbors house, but still had issue getting prime.

Ended up having to pull the prime plug and let the air bleed before getting prime again.

So, now that the power is back, we're good...everything is working (from the spigots) as it should.

However, if I turn the shut-off that is right after the pump (before the bladder tank), the pump will start to cycle on/off every few seconds.

Any ideas what is going on with this wonky system?

Thanks!

Damon

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
From the shut off valve to the pump there is no air and you cannot compress water, therefore, there is no way to maintain pressure with the pump off. As soon as the pressure drops it starts the motor but no place for the water to go and the pressure build to the cutoff setting immediately. The pressure is coming from the impeller as it is spinning. Once stopped there is no pressure.

Reach4

Reaction score
However, if I turn the shut-off that is right after the pump (before the bladder tank), the pump will start to cycle on/off every few seconds.

Any ideas what is going on with this wonky system?
You may or may not have a leaky foot valve, but for sure you have a valve that should not be there. That valve should be after the pressure tank and pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks