Stone (often marble) toilet slab questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Eden

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who knows what a toilet slab is and how one is installed... They don't appear to be overly common anywhere but in New York, where apparently they were required by code at some point in time to retrofit old houses that didn't have indoor plumbing with a toilet on a wooden bathroom floor - at least I think this is the deal....
Anyway we had a really nice one, made I believe of soapstone, in an apartment we rented in Rochester, NY. It seemed like a great way to have a wooden floor in a bathroom without worrying about the toilet damaging it and it was really attractive to boot. I'd love to be able to recreate it, but I'm not entirely sure how the toilet is mounted.. Does the flange sit on top of the stone? are there holes drilled through to secure the flange to the subfloor, holes just into the stone or is the flange secured in some other manner or is the hole in slab large enough to accommodate the entire flange? Is there anyone out there familiar with this?
thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks