Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

MN-E

Reaction score
"before it's too late"???

Um... why? What's going to happen? How will we know when "it's too late"?

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The stores are dry, as far as ammo goes, around here. I'm ahead of the curve so to speak, but there are a lot of folks apparently scared. I've never seen a buying frenzy this bad.

Cookie

Reaction score
And, what are they afraid of?

As I write this, I got to laugh because I am going to teach a course at my neighboring college on, how to deal with stress in today's economy.

:)

MN-E

Reaction score
And, what are they afraid of?

That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Obviously, the whole "gun control" debate is a huge can of worms. I realize there are passionate people on both sides of the issue.

Lately, though, it seems like there's this irrational "end of the world" hyperbole going around... and I'm not even sure I understand the conspiracy theory, but it's apparently urging folks to stockpile guns & ammo. The lunatic in Pittsburgh also comes to mind, of course.

If somebody wants to have a say in the laws of our country, the way to go about it isn't to stock up on guns & head for the bunker.
We have a democracy: participate in it. Contact your congressmen & Senators; prepare yourself for rational debates with the people on the other side; represent gun-owners as intelligent & thoughtful citizens, not knee-jerk reactionaries.

(PLEASE NOTE: I'm not calling out accusations towards anyone here, just commenting on what I'm seeing in the world in general.)

Cookie

Reaction score
That is the feeling I got from others like they think the sky is falling in.

Last edited:

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
They are afraid of recent comments made by Nancy Pelosi and Eric holder and the current media blitz claiming that 'guns are bad'. Media claims that "90%" of the guns seized in Mexico are coming from the US. That made up statistic is just laughable IMO. Well actually the fact is most people just see that anti-gun politicians are in control and are fearing another "Assault" weapons ban. People are getting them now before any they can't get them anymore. They are afraid of loosing (unconstitutionally I might add) their rights to keep and bear arms.

I personally see a gun ban or gun registration political suicide (and rightfully so) for any politician right now and an uphill battle for anyone. I think most politicians understand that and will not support any new legislation. I don't take it for granted though as nothing surprises me anymore. My reps and senators have heard my opinion on every anti-gun bill presented, along with other issues, and they always will.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I got plenty

I hope my house never catches fire...

It would sound like .......the fall of Saigon

till the fires burnt out...........
------------------------------------------------------------------

cookie,,,

their is nothing to fear.... but fear itself...

people are getting way too paranoid and worried about things,

Obama or no one else is gonna take your guns away from you.

in the midwest , their is plenty of ammo
to go around.... go to any gun show and its very plentiful....

I could buy surplus AP ammo that could take down a helicopter ,
I dont really care to buy any......

and becasue of this freedom that our fore-fathers gave us
I doubt that anyone will ever be able to start a ruthless dictatorship
here either......it would be very difficult for someone like VP Dick Cheney
to try and pull off some day...

we all have lived through Dick Cheney, we will make it through this too,,,,,

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
There has been talk of a 500% tax on ammo which wouldn't ban it but would make it to costly for any one to buy...I personally don't think it will happen but this is part of the scare...The also are talking about registration of all guns and all sales of guns even private sales and this has always precedes guns being conficated...at least in other countrys...they will always say no they would never do that but it always happens that way... kinda like...like "hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you..."

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
and becasue of this freedom that our fore-fathers gave us

I'm not picking on you here Mark, but I would like to point something out.

Our fore-fathers did not give or grant us any rights. As recognized in the Declaration of Independence we are 'endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights'

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --

The government is not permitted to infringe upon these rights by law of the Bill of Rights.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Like I said, I'm not picking on or arguing with you. But I like to point out that these rights are not given to us by the government. They are recognized and not permitted to be infringed upon.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
That is why Rights are given by the Creator...and only Powers are given to Government...A Right given by the Creator can never be taken away except by the Creator...

Cookie

Reaction score
So you are saying you are fat? :D I hope you win a million and think of us here, lol. I put my dibs in for a grand...( I am not greedy)

Who else wants some of Jim's Winnings? Put yer dibs in now!
By the way, have a safe trip.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
... and I'm not even sure I understand the conspiracy theory ...

A global conspiracy for total control of this world's politic, religion and economy cannot be either proved or disproved, but the people (with the 'gold', of course) who actually run things do not need to "conspire" anyway. Rather, they just keep right on doing whatever they do ... and what the rest of us see or experience is simply a matter of cause-and-effect that is of no real (if even any) concern to them. For example:

The globalists do not really care who has guns or who does not since they have more than anybody else and nobody else could possibly overcome their own "arsenal" of safety and security ... and I suppose watching everybody else fret over the matter might make at least some of them feel more secure in what they already have.

We live in a democracy (mob rule)?! No, not in the past, not now and never at all! The USA's "founding fathers" made quite sure that was *not* what they had put together ... and today their actual idea of a moral people governing themselves has been completely over-run by the immoral ones ...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
They may not be planning on a gun ban right now but I bet they try and pass gun registration so when they do ban them, legaly or illegaly, they will know who has what...

franck

Reaction score
Beware their back door approach

I recieved a letter from Illinois State Senator Dan Rutherford. In it he explained that anti-gun Chicago Democrats are leading legislative efforts that would require gun owners to carry $1 million liability insurance, to imprint an ID on ammunition and to restrict legal, private gun sales. This is just the beginning. For years efforts to allow concealed carry have been bottlenecked in the Rules Committee. Unfortunately, most of Illinois legal gun owners do not know about the negative legislation, due in part to a biased media me thinks.
Beware, my gun owning friends, the anti-gun politicians won't come at you from the front to seize yor guns. They are crafty enough to know that silently and slowly they can accomplish the same goals through more subtle means. What good is a gun with no bullets?
I wonder how many European Jews said "Oh, you're just being paranoid" as the Hitler led Nazi Party came into power?

MN-E

Reaction score
Well, here's a query...
I've been told that the 2nd amendment exists, in part, to empower citizens to fight against the government if tyranny rears its ugly head someday.
And, we realize that "right to bear arms" isn't written to be limited to firearms.
So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?

I mean, if everything's going to be fair, don't you & I (and your next door neighbor or whomever) have those rights also included in the 2nd amendment?
I should be able to manufacture anthrax in my basement and walk around with a "dirty bomb" in my suitcase...

...right?

(PS... Dear FBI-guy monitoring the interwebs: I swear, this is just a hypothetical & philosophical question. I'm not really arguing in favor of this.)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A quote from Adolf Hitler, 1935

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

Baaaa.... Baaaa.... Baaaa

sheep.jpg

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
What is the purpose of having a gun?

1. Some people like to collect them and display them and look at them. (Like some people collect vases, coins, cars, etc.)

2. Some people collect guns because they like to shoot at targets.

3. Some people collect guns because they hunt animals--and presumable eat what they kill.

4. Some people collect guns because they are afraid that someone will invade their home and they want to be prepared to defend themselves.

5. Some people collect guns because they are concerned that some foreign country is going to invade the USA and they want to be part of the "well-ordered militia" that will repell the invaders.

6. Some people collect guns because they hatch a plan to kill someone--a family member, a workmate, a boss, etc. (Just read the daily news.)

7. Some people collect guns because they plan to create mayhem by shooting a lot of people--Columbine, etc. (Also in the news, especially in April.)

8. Some people collect guns because they think their own government is "against them" and that shooting someone/many people is the only way to protect their way of life.

Is this a complete list? Add your own. I want to understand this preoccupation about having a lot of guns. And at this point I don't understand why anyone would buy an AK-47. The only examples of using AK-47s in the US (that I can remember) have been by deranged people who want to shoot up a lot of people they have a grudge against.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks