stiffen tub

Users who are viewing this thread

gregferd

Reaction score
Hi,

Sense you are plumbers you have probably dealt with this before. I have a problem where a 6' acrylic drop in whirlpool tub rocks alittle back and forth and there is a gap between the lip and base of tile. I was going to spray some minimal expanding poly foam, great stuff gaps and cracks to be exact, under the lip of the tub inorder to stiffen it up. This will also hit the sides of the tub some too. Could the poly foam create enough force while expanding to lift the whole tub up some. A fellow contractor friend of mine told me to be careful with this stuff. I am fully aware that poly foam can bow jambs as it has been witnessed before, but this is minimal expanding and the tub is quite heavy. Anything else that will work? Thank you for your input.

greg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

If the tub is rocking, the problem is not at the tub's lip. That is just a symptom. You have to stabilize the bottom of the tub. Then seal the gap where the rim meets the tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks