Sterling Vikrell 48" Receptor - Door Help

Users who are viewing this thread

PV2U

Reaction score
Good Evening!

I bought a 48" Vikrell shower receptor from Sterling, and it's about 18" tall and the front opening is tapered from about 44.5" at the top of the opening to about 43.5" at the bottom. I want to fit this with a nice glass door, but worry about finding one that will fit that beveled opening. I'm trying to do this myself, and know nothing about shower doors whatever, so this may be a dumb question. I tried to search the site to see if someone had asked this question before, but no luck.

I've seen some shower doors that say that they fit this particular shower (Sterling Advantage), but all of the pictures I've seen just show a straight frame.

Guidance/Advice/Direction/Wisdom = Greatly Appreciated!!! :)

Thanks in Advance!

bmod

Reaction score
If you go to the Sterling website and find your shower unit, it will list the shower doors that work with your unit. The shower doors kits come with two set of jambs-one set for the Sterling Advantage showers and one non-tapered set for other brands.

PV2U

Reaction score
Thanks BMOD! That makes sense - I was thinking that the one set of frames was supposed to accommodate the tapered Sterling Advantage, and I couldn't see how in the world that could work.

Thanks Again! Much appreciated! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks