Sterling accord 4 piece 60" seated shower base and panel installation troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Aranyanii

Reaction score
So after the 4th order I finally received a set that wasn't broken... Trying to install it now but having problems with the wall panels not seating into the base properly. After about an hour of trying to get the back panel to sit in properly we are now struggling with the side panel (not valve side.. I'm sure that will be an issue too tho) we are following instructions to lock in at the top and pivot into place but we cant get it to fully pivot. We thought we could take it out to retry but the panel made it to the metal retaining clip so that sprung out to hold it in place. We have tried gently tapping it into place but it won't go. We have come to realize that some of the edges have debris that needs to be removed as it gets in the way of the pieces fitting together. We think this might be the case for our current issue but we can't get the panel back off to clean up the edges because of the retaining clip... Any advice on how to fix this? The gap between the 2 panels and the gap between the panel and base are just too big where it currently sits but we can't seem to budge it to where it should be or get it out to start over. Thanks in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Stop and check all the parts and clean or cut off any extra material that wasn't trimmed before it was shipped.
And yes, I've done that too.

stop-it.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks