Sterling 050-10, Help with id of shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicolepotts1

Reaction score
Hello! I am needing some help with removing and identifying a valve/cartridge for one of our bathrooms. This is a one is a pull to turn on, push to shut off shower knob. It doesn't appear to have any kind of locking clip that we can see. We looked at Home Depot and a hardware store and didn't see anything that looked similar.

The house was built in the 60s and it's possible it is original. Thank you in advance for any help.

plumbing1.jpg
plumbing2.jpg
plumbing3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yours is a Sterling 01 series. Factory parts are NLA. If you Google (Sterling 050-10) you will see aftermarket kits are still available.

IMG_6484 (1).jpg

Nicolepotts1

Reaction score
Wow, you are fantastic! Thanks so much! I have googled and googled and found nothing that looked like it.

Any suggestions on places to find one? I found a few websites but it wasn't available on any of them.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks