Steam shower question

Users who are viewing this thread

Colin Huntley

Reaction score
Performing a remodel on my master bathroom. Having a steam generator run to the shower. The plumber I’m using ran the copper steam line into the shower right behind the pex supply line for the shower valve. He wrapped the pex in insulation so it isn’t directly touching the hot copper. Still seems weird. Pic attached. Is this okay?

Attachments

• F7C75080-1D21-418A-AFC0-BD106096D1D0.jpeg
    F7C75080-1D21-418A-AFC0-BD106096D1D0.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 157

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
MOst pex is rated at a max of 180-degrees...the steam outlet would be above boiling (212 - or it wouldn't be steam!). The insulation is probably enough to keep the pex from being overheated, but I'd feel better with an actual full air gap between the two. The beauty of pex is that it could have curved around the steam piping to the left without any performance issues, and absolutely no (probably unlikely) problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks