Stay Rite reset issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Matthew m.Wayer

Reaction score
Been having issues with having to hit reset switch on the control box a couple times a day.
I thought a bad pressure switch was the issue,and replaced it.
The points on one side were almost completely burned down(ant's).
I thought that cured the issue.
Nope!
I've had to reset the box twice since putting in the new pressure switch yesterday.
Any ideas?
The well is about 15yo.
The pump,and box were replaced about 5 years ago.
I'm thinking the start up capacitor needs replaced.
If so,is it cheaper to replace the whole box?
Any pro advice would be awesome.

Matthew m.Wayer

Reaction score
The pressure gauge on the header pipe is at zero before hitting the reset button.
The second the button is pressed,and the pump kicks on.The gauge instantly jumps to startup pressure(38psi),then cycles normally up to 58psi,and shuts off like it's supposed.
It's a 4" submersible well.
220/240v
210'casing
Pump hp, don't know.
Water came up to about 35' in casing when pump replaced.
Pump depth not known.
60gal tank.
Been blead,and aired.
Super clean water.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Ants could have started the problem. But usually a bad pressure switch, burned start cap or relay, even a bad motor are caused by too many on/off cycles. A 60 gallon tank only holds 15 gallons of water. Being that you are in Florida, you probably use it for irrigation. So the pump is probably cycling on and off for every 15 gallons used. 5-7 years worth of cycling is all a pump is designed to handle. Put a medicated cow ear tag in the pressure switch to keep the ants out, and use a Cycle Stop Valve to eliminate all those cycles, and most pumps will last 20-30 years instead of 5-7.

Reach4

Reaction score
How about the model number from the box?

Matthew m.Wayer

Reaction score
The model# is,VIP4f 02-07
Date code 1c19c
Had to reset it just now.
Got a whiff of electrical smell,and one of the caps was warm,and the other cool.
The one warm is the one next to the relay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks