Starting a vent with a 45 degree angle

Users who are viewing this thread

roundrightfarm

Reaction score
Greetings,
I am putting in a master bath and am looking for my best venting options.

I have read that all vents must go vertically until they get 6" above the flood rim of the fixture they are venting.
I have also read that, as far as codes are concerned, 45 degree drops can be considered as vertical. I am hoping this applies to vents below the flood rim as well.

I'd like to vent off my 2" shower drain using a 2" combo wve set at a 45 degree angle. This will take me over a few inches, to where I am below the wall, where I will use a 2" 45 elbow to take me straight up through the wall.

Any problems with doing it this way? I've included a birds eye view drawing of the bathroom DWV system. Any thoughts on better or different ways to do this would be appreciated.
masterbath.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
No less than 45 is fine. Your WC is vented through the lav drain, so having a separate vent on it is redundant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks