Standard Height Toto with 10" rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

JessEv

Reaction score
Hi, I ended up here because you were kind enough to answer this type of question from other people. I'm not sure why the Toto website doesn't allow you to specify standard height...

Anyway, if you know of one that is CA legal, has a 10-inch rough-in and is standard height, I would be super grateful to hear about it. Thanks. (P.S. round bowl is preferable but not a deal breaker. Anyhow I'm pretty sure there's no such animal, since I found zero results on a search for 10-inch rough in plus round bowl on the Toto website.)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're right. No standard height 10" in TOTO.
American Standard makes a Cadet that can be gotten in standard height and 10". It's the 12" bowl with a space saver 10" conversion tank.

JessEv

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Well shoot. I am very reluctant to buy and AS Cadet because that is the name on the toilet I'm replacing. I live in an area with a fairly high mineral content in the water and after 8 years the little holes under the rim where the water comes out will not stay open no matter how much I scrub them. I have to dump extra water in the bowl each time or it doesn't flush. I actually gave a plumber the $100 minimum house call fee to come out and tell me that I needed to poke the holes open with a toothpick.

I'm sure the low water use requirement here in CA doesn't help either but I am just so over it. I want to find a replacement with a big opening for the water to come in down at the side, instead of those tiny little holes under the rim. Is anyone doing that style of flush that might make one in a standard height with a 10" rough in? As the designated cleaner of toilets in the house I would really like to find a replacement toilet that makes my life a little easier, rather than just replacing with the same bad design.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why are you insisting on a standard height? Unless you and/or your adult family member are 5 feet tall or less, you can easily use a comfort height. That's approximately the height of a standard table chair. Elongated bowls are considered male friendly and are preferred by most people. If you can get past those two issues, the choices in toilets expands greatly. Toto's Unifit adapter makes several Toto toilets fit a 10" rough in.

IlliniCarolyn

Reaction score
Thanks for asking this, hope you don't mind my jumping in as I'm in a similar predicament. I am 4'10" and in need of a new toilet in my (very tiny) combined powder room/laundry room with a 10" rough in. I absolutely hate comfort height toilets (I could conceivably use a stool, but there's really not any room), and I'm afraid an elongated bowl will bump into the dryer door (it just barely swung past the old round-front). Aside from the American Standard Cadet, any other recommendations for a relatively compact standard height/round front toilet with 10" rough in that flushes WELL (I'm in Illinois so can use 1.6gpf)? I have some room in side-t0-side width and height, but front to back space is extremely limited.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, most round toilets are shorter than an elongated, but not all...you really need to measure and review spec sheets. Otherwise, you might end up with a round one that doesn't fit!

IlliniCarolyn

Reaction score
FWIW, most round toilets are shorter than an elongated, but not all...you really need to measure and review spec sheets. Otherwise, you might end up with a round one that doesn't fit!
Thanks, I've been reviewing spec sheets for American Standard and Toto, but could use a recommendation for any other reputable brand.

IlliniCarolyn

Reaction score
Thanks very much, I'll see how long it'll take the local supplier to get that one in. Any thoughts on Gerber toilets? The plumbing supply here claims the Gerber Avalanche is similar to the Toto Drake and comes in a 10" rough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks