Stainless steel pipe nipples

Users who are viewing this thread

Grunt

Reaction score
True story; I went to the plumbing section of a big box store today, wasn't thinking, it was noisy, so in a somewhat loud voice I asked the gentleman working the isle if he has STAINLESS STEEL NIPPLES. A shocked expression on his face but was laughing & so was several others around us. I was probably lucky it wasn't a woman working the isle. But whats worse is he didn't even know what pipe nipples are, I had to show him the galvenized ones so he would understand.
V / R Dwayne

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"But whats worse is he didn't even know what pipe nipples are, I had to show him the galvenized ones so he would understand."

That's the bigger joke...but very typical of what's going on: clueless employees.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You should also have asked him where the Channels locks and the Crescent wrench's were. :eek:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
True story; I went to the plumbing section of a big box store today, wasn't thinking, it was noisy, so in a somewhat loud voice I asked the gentleman working the isle if he has STAINLESS STEEL NIPPLES. A shocked expression on his face but was laughing & so was several others around us. I was probably lucky it wasn't a woman working the isle. But whats worse is he didn't even know what pipe nipples are, I had to show him the galvenized ones so he would understand.
V / R Dwayne
Had a job in a rare No-Depot zone in Atlanta, and had to bop into a nearby Ace Hardware for a part. I was searching the rack for a breaker when an associate came up behind me offering to help. I said yeah, I'm looking for a double-pole Siemens. I quickly realized two things: first, my request could be misconstrued as something suggestive; and second, the little associate was gay as a nineteen-dollar bill and was laughing his ass off. I started laughing too and asked him if there was someone else there that I could talk to. Glad to get out of there, needless to say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks