St. Thomas Creations Palermo with Quattro flushing or TOTO double Cyclone?

Users who are viewing this thread

littlebird

Reaction score
We want to put in new toilets at our lake house in Michigan. We had settled on the 1.6 Toto Soiree with the dual cyclone technology, when we learned (a) that the 1.6 gallon model is no longer available and (b) it was suggested we seriously consider St. Thomas Creations Palermo with the quattro flushing technology. Aside from the "look" of the toilet itself, how do these two toilets 1.28 Toto double cyclone versus the 1.6 quattro flushing) compare as far as their flushing capability and noise levels? We often have large groups of people over and inevitably the current toilets will get plugged up or stuff gets stuck on the bowl. If I had my druthers, I'd have something that had enough power to suck a cat down the toilet, has a bowl spray with enough pressure to wash my car, and is so quiet you can barely hear it work. Just kidding, but I think you get my drift. And, if these two toilets aren't going to fit the bill, what would you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm selling a ton of the 1.28 gallon Watersense Toto toilets.
They work.

I did give a Quatro St.Thomas to one of the kids.
He had to assemble it, got the parts in wrong, and then the handle fell apart.

It worked okay though.
It looked very rough compared to a TOTO.
If you pulled them from the box, turned them over and compared, you would know what I mean.
And what's the deal about putting the tank parts in a bag?
Don't they have guys at the factory with any tools?

littlebird

Reaction score
Does the skirted base effect where the water valve needs to be?

I was told (by the same person who suggested the St. Thomas toilet) that because of the width of the skirting on the Soiree, the water shut off valve needs to be further away from center than with a traditional toilet. Something to the effect that it needs to be 12" off center as compared to the typical 8" off center.

The Soiree and the Guinevere work with a shutoff that is 5-1/2" to the left of center.
I'm in Nevada and the water valve in question is in Michigan so I cannot easily check it. Does the design of the Soiree really require the shut-off valve to be further to the left/right than the unskirted toilets? And, if I get the Soiree and the shut-off valve has to be moved, is that an expensive project?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Soiree and the Guinevere work with a shutoff that is 5-1/2" to the left of center.

Most homes have the water shutoff at 6-0" or more.

ms974_01.jpg

Plenty of room for the shutoff.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks