squealing in pipes when toilet flushed

Users who are viewing this thread

fix it mom

Reaction score
when one of my toilets is flushed, there is a whistling/squealing noise until the tank fills up. It doesn't happen anywhere else..just this one toilet. I am concerned , because this area (toilet plumbing) was part of a reroute when we had a leak in the foundation plumbing last year. It just started a couple days ago...and I cannot figure it out. What could cause this squealing?

Thanks so much!
Fix It Mom

rnesel

Reaction score
Constant air noise from tank

Hi ... wondering if I have a similar problem. Had a plumber replace all the insides of this toilet last December. Now, when the tank finishes filling,a constant steady noise remains. There's no water coming in ... sounds like air under pressure ... reasonably loud but not obnoxious. When I shut off the intake valve (on the wall) the noise stops. Is that the fill valve, too? Thanks.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
noise

If the shut off valve is tight, then shut it off and put a pencil mark on the water level then come back in 5 min and see if the water level has dropped.

Sounds like there may be a slight leak through the flush valve causing the new ballcock to slightly open and causing a noise of some sort.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks