Squatty Potty for handicapped toilets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have been seeing the Squatty Potty ads. The first one was hilarious and they have others after that. Here's the first one:

They should win an award for this ad! :)

So I was wondering what the height difference is, between handicapped height toilets and regular height toilets. It's only about 2-3" higher for handicapped, isn't it?

Here's my correspondence with them yesterday:

> On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 5:57:24 PM UTC-7, [My name ] wrote:
> We have 3 handicapped toilets in the house, which are higher
> than regular toilets.
> DO you sell Squatty Potty for handicapped height toilets too?
>
> [Me]

They replied:

> HI [my name]. Actually, the highest one we sell is the 9 inch stool. I think the
> 9 inch should be high
> enough. Thanks !

And I just replied back to her:

Thanks Wendy! Didn't know they came in different heights! You could market that as one for handicapped height toilets?

I think handicapped height toilets are only about 2-3" higher than regular ones.

So assuming we're just talking about a 2-3" height difference, as I suspect, it looks like their higher height model will do the trick and get the job done. ;-)

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I take issue with handicap used to describe the height of toilets. First of all, not all handicap needs are the same. Without getting into unpleasant (TMI) details, some handicap needs (f.e. spinal cord injury) need to have more of a squat position to compensate for certain loss of muscle control which also might require a helping hand.

For the general population that don't have special needs, there are many that claim the standard height toilet in North America are to blame for much of what ails them in the solid waste removal task.

I think the notion of handicap toilets being higher is so that they are close to the height of an average wheelchair. Some special needs may involve an aid that goes above a standard height toilet and allows for room for the task at hand.

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
I take issue with handicap used to describe the height of toilets. First of all, not all handicap needs are the same. Without getting into unpleasant (TMI) details, some handicap needs (f.e. spinal cord injury) need to have more of a squat position to compensate for certain loss of muscle control which also might require a helping hand.

For the general population that don't have special needs, there are many that claim the standard height toilet in North America are to blame for much of what ails them in the solid waste removal task.

I think the notion of handicap toilets being higher is so that they are close to the height of an average wheelchair. Some special needs may involve an aid that goes above a standard height toilet and allows for room for the task at hand.

Yeah ok, conceded. Does ADA toilets sound better? :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks