square, not round, water heater drip pan

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dabiz7, Sep 9, 2008.

  1. dabiz7

    dabiz7 New Member

    Feb 27, 2008
    Was wondering if anyone has seen a square water heater drip pan, instread of the round ones? Most of the round drip pans I have seen are like 24" in diameter. This does not work for where my old water heater is located.
    I could get by with a round one, maybe 22" dia. max. Haven't seen one of those yet, though.

    If I am off base and they never made a square one, any cool idea about waht I could use instead? I thought maybe a shower pan, but I don't think those are available as small as I need. I was hoping for something like 22" square.

    great site, I read it everyday, learn something new.
  2. Garydaplummer

    Garydaplummer Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed

    Jan 5, 2008
    Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Fab shop

    If I need an odd-sized condensate pan or containment pan I go to a local sheet metal fabrication shop. They can make a sealed-seam pan any dimension you want.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Livin4Real

    Livin4Real New Member

    Sep 7, 2007
    Flight Operations and DIY'er
    Indianapolis, IN
    m enards has them, we have one under the water heater and one under the softener. They were like $10
Similar Threads: square round
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice v/v seat removal when square hole eroded to round? Oct 21, 2012
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help! I am trying to remove the square bolts info a old farm house well. It appears to be cast iron Oct 13, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Square D Pressure Switch Replacement Jul 28, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Question about square structure in basement Jan 24, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Leaking Grohe 19925 Cosmopolitan Square PBV Nov 21, 2014

Share This Page