Square D double click at shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

avasp96

Reaction score
Hi
I just noticed that my Square D pressure switch (9013 FSG 2 ser B) double clicks when shuts off.
I do not remember hearing the double click before.
It used to click once when it reached the proper pressure to shut off the pump.
I searched the forum but could not find an identical issue.

I do not want to experiment with the switch settings without an experts advise.

Thanks

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Pull of the cover and watch what it does and watch the pressure gauge at the same time. I doubt there is any adjustment you can make on it.

My guess is that there may be some sort of water hammer issue causing it to bounce.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
How long does the pump run before the switch turns off ? Is it short cycling ?

A waterlogged tank can cause that. Normally the differential setting in the switch don't change by itself, but is adjustable.

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
Thanks.

I guess I missed it.

Maybe one is needed.

I never could get water to compress.

Its definitely not a maybe but a should. I have seen this done before by using a valve to control the flow and pressure to the switch, basically a type of csv setup that does not work that well.

avasp96

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
I will check my water tank. The tank is only 1 year old.

The earlier thread LLigetfa referring to was posted for a different well, located at my cabin. I am still investigating that issue, since I have not had a chance to go back yet. But I do not want to mix up a different issue to this thread.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
OK, so we ascertained that there is in fact a tank. How close is the tank to the pressure switch? Is the pump at the tank or in the well? When the pump shuts off, is there a back-rush of water to the well?

If the footvalve or checkvalve in the well does not close right away, there can be a reversal of flow. Depending on the plumbing, it could cause a momentary reduction of pressure enough to bounce the pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks