McPherson flush mechanism, Spurting Water

Users who are viewing this thread

shawanba

Reaction score
My grandfather installed a wacky looking flush mechanism for a secondary toilet in the laundry room.

The toilet is one that swirls the matter and then sucks it out. You pull the handle to swirl/suck then push the handle to add water.

However, when the handle is depressed water spurts in all directions from behind, the right sided piston? (Sorry I don't know the proper terminology.) What is your expert suggestion for fixing the problem?

mcpherson-toilet-valve-01.jpg

mcpherson-toilet-valve-02.jpg

mcpherson-toilet-valve-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Wait until your grandfather is away for a day or two.
Replace toilet.

Apparently McPherson is out of business. Is this a "flush up" toilet? Can you post pictures of the toilet; I've never seen one?

shawanba

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he passed away in 2005. My mother and grandmother now rule the roost and want the thing fixed.

shawanba

Reaction score
The toilet is not below sewer level. The house is one floor and the laundry room is off of the den. I have attached a video. Water spurts from one side when depressing (flush) and the other when pulling (fill).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks