Sprinklers start out ok but begin to drip shortly after

Users who are viewing this thread

Dato Da

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 7-zone irrigation system. Recently, I noticed that zone 6 of the system would go with normal flow at the sprinklers for maybe a minute, and then become a very slow drip, I also notice that the main supply line makes a lot of noise when that zone starts, sometimes banging, sometimes hissing. What are the likely causes of this problem and how do I go about trouble-shooting it? Thanks!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 7-zone irrigation system. Recently, I noticed that zone 6 of the system would go with normal flow at the sprinklers for maybe a minute, and then become a very slow drip, I also notice that the main supply line makes a lot of noise when that zone starts, sometimes banging, sometimes hissing. What are the likely causes of this problem and how do I go about trouble-shooting it? Thanks!
For some reason this post just showed up including several others dated from Aug 1 - 8, 2022

Probably the diaphragm in the zone valve needs to be replaced. Remove the top and check for debris and flush the zone. If the problem continues, replace the diaphragm.

Ravirajsharma

Reaction score
Website
www.automatworld.in
Sprinklers may begin to drip if they are leaking, the water pressure is too high, the heads are clogged, or the sprinkler system has not been appropriately maintained. If the sprinklers are leaking, it is essential to check the valves, pipes, and other system parts for any problems. If the heads are clogged, replace them. Automat is a leading manufacturer of irrigation-related products. You can purchase the sprinkler and other parts from this website.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks