Sprinklers not popping up

Users who are viewing this thread

swraman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my pop up sprinklers in one part of my front yard. I changed the electric valves in both sections of my yard and installed a new sprinkler shutoff valve.

Ever since then, one of the two valves has issues. When it turns on, none of its sprinklers pop up; they just fizzle like the pressure is too low.

But, if (while the valve is open) I turn off them back on the master shutoff valve, the sprinklers all come to life and work until they shut off. When I turn them on next, it’s the same issue.

the other second valve I installed has no issues.

any ideas what could be going on here?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This might help was what goes on inside an irrigation valve.

It's very easy to get dirty inside the valve from old pipe. Sometime a slime builds up inside the pipes that were not used for a long time or a sprinkler was changed and dirt got into the pipe. Water pressure now dislodges everything and jams up in valves or filter screens in sprinklers. I've seen small stones jam up in elbows, that will drive you nuts to find.

Before disassemble the valve, remove the solenoid and it might be enough to flush it. If you have the small vent screw, loosening it will allow the diaphragm to lift and start water flow. Turn the solenoid about a 1/4 turn counterclockwise will also manual operate the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks