Sprinkler zone turns on automatically

Users who are viewing this thread

nate.barclay

Reaction score
Hello all. I just turned on my water today to my sprinkler system to be met with an odd surprise. As soon as I turn the valve from the back flow assembly to the sprinkler line, one of my zones fires up and I have no way of controlling it other than to turn the valve back off. I can flip my sensor switch on the wall unit to bypass and test the other zones, but I can't get this one zone to shut off. Any ideas? Thanks.

Nate

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Most valves WILL operate when the water is first turned on because they have lost their pressurization, but they turn off as soon as the valve chamber fills with water. You either have a damaged diaphragm, bad solenoid valve, or the manual control is turned on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks