Sprinkler system hiccup (stutter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Matthew Johnson

Reaction score
I have 6 zones in my yard. One of the zones' water is coming out of the system as like it is stuttering. I can hear the sprinkler head making noise like an electrical noise like it is disrupted somehow and so the water sprays for 1 second next second it stops and it goes on like that.

What is the reason for this? How do we fix this? It seems like it is an electrical issue?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If you have separate irrigation zone valves it's either the controller output or the zone valve itself. These have a 24v ac solenoid and they only move about an eighth of an inch to open the valve or the diaphragm inside the valve has failed or some debris got inside of it. Disconnect the wire at the controller for this zone and run your system. If the problem stops swap the wire with another zone on the controler to prove if it is the controller or solenoid. If the problem continues then it is the valve. You can turn the solenoid 1/4 turn for fully off to on. It might just need a little turn clockwise to turn it off completely with no power.

f6023d8f-9d56-48b1-97b7-a29f74168d1e_145.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks