sprinkler job

Users who are viewing this thread

chichi3969

Reaction score
Hello every one I'm helping a friend with his sprinklers. He has a house in 2.5 acres. He has a 3hp goulds centrifiagal pump pulling from a pond with a lift around 15' on a 2" intake. We are going to use six zones useing mostly big heads(rainbirds) that are rated to spray 45' at 10gpms. We are planning on the discharge side to come out from the zone valve with 1 1/2" for a 100' feet and then reduce to 1". One of the longest lays will be around 300'. Will this work or will we have to make some adjustments

THANKS

Speedbump

Reaction score
Are you saying these heads use 10 gallons per minute? I'm not sure what gpms means. That's a pretty big head.

You should get ahold of a friction loss chart and figure your gallon per minute usage per zone and size the pipe accordingally. Use the words "Friction loss chart" in Google.

It will be useful to know what this Goulds pump can do with a 15 foot lift at around 40 psi. There are medium and high head pumps, and they both pump differently.

bob...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Consider this. Go to an irrigation supply house and see if they have designers on staff or that they contract with. Have a good scale drawing with you. When I did this for my yard system, the designer took my drawing and laid the entire system out including pipe sizes and sprinkler sizes. This service was free on condition that I would purchase all of my supplies for the job from them. Even if you had to pay for this, in my opinion it would be worth a lot with so many variables to take into consideration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks