Spread Faucet in a Pedestal Sink-- Is There an Easy Solution to this Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

RonnyK

Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a pedestal sink with a widespread faucet. The faucet is a Toto Mercer. The spigot screws into a tee connector which then connects to the hot and cold water valves. Here is my problem: the area under the sink has a recess that will only accommodate the connection tee if it is parallel or near parallel to the back edge of the sink (i.e. perpendicular to the spigot when the spigot is properly centered). When I tighten the tee as much as I can (by holding the tee in place and turning the spigot), it does not end up in the right position to fit and have the spigot positioned correctly (it is about 90 degrees off) . If I back it off to position the tee and spigot correctly, it leaks.

There does not seem to be anyway to adjust the threaded pipe with O-ring that is connected to the spigot. Is there something obvious I am missing? Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks