Sprayer replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Dr_1400, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

I am replacing a leaking sprayer head on kitchen sink. The replacement nut will not fit over the sprayer hose. Is one of the following correct?

1) Replacement sprayers must be sized correctly (no universal hose diameter)
    2) I need to upgrade my old hose to accept a new sprayer head?

top pic shows nut that won’t fit over hose
    Bottom pic shows old nut that slides right into place

4AC04678-DC11-4066-A819-B2BD2D0D3438.jpeg 8A5BCC04-1178-4831-BFE9-560C95B19C20.jpeg

2. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

Bumping this, anyone have ideas? Leaking sprayer driving me nuts!

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2020
  5. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

Attached Files:

6. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    you need to disconnect the sprayer hose from the faucet, write down the make and model # of the faucet and take it to the hardware store and try to match, it its that simple. The new sprayer and hose will list on the package which faucet it will work with. if they don't have it you can easily order it on line. also the faucet may have a lifetime warranty and you might be able to get the replacement part for free. look it up. theirs 6 different ways to tackle this but you need to start with finding out the make and model # of the faucet then you can call around.

7. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Don't forget the clip that holds the spray handle on the hose.

[​IMG]

9. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

I took the clip off and got to the point shown in this picture, but the replacement nut (“A” in the graphic you posted) won’t slide past the end of the hose. Am I missing something there?

Attached Files:

10. Terry

Plumber
    Did you also remove the nylon washer?
    D

[​IMG]

11. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

I did not remove the part I’ve pointed to in this image. I didn’t think I should because the old nut slides right over that, as well.

Attached Files:

12. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

Connection underneath is this. Would like to replace the whole hose and sprayer at this point, but we’re an hr from a hardware store and not sure what to make of the connection. Quick connect?

0379BED2-5C87-4EF8-A758-2F8773981B00.jpeg

13. Terry

Plumber
    Is that a tag on the supply line to the faucet? You might have to connect the manufacuer for a replacement.

14. Dr_1400

Dr_1400 New Member

I am not sure. This is at a remote off grid cabin, I’m not there now. Will check that out next time I am there.

15. fullysprinklered

fullysprinklered In the Trades

self-employed plumber-electrician doing residentia
    Reach up under there and squeeze that black thing where the hose meets the faucet. It's a quick connect and is brand specific. Squeeze it and push up some, then pull it down. Should disconnect.